My motto for 2011 is "Moderation." I picked it because I feel it is what I really need to work on the most this year. Most of the things I really want to "do" this year... involve the moderation of my day to day routines. So... instead of making a resolution list, I have made a "Moderation" list.
Here it is: (in no particular order)
- I have to work on the computer... but I've decided to give myself and my kids a break from it at least 2 days a week.
- When I do work on the computer, most days, I will continue to work well into dinner and even eat at my computer. After the kids go to bed, I go back to my computer and work until late at night. Now, I plan to be "off work" meaning "off computer" at 5. That way I don't feel obligated to get that extra work done... I am officially off work.
- This one will be shocking to most of you who really KNOW ME... I have decided to cut back on Pepsi. My motto is moderation so that means pepsi too. I hardly ever drink water so I've decided to moderate my pepsi with some water too.
- Running. It's hard to run when I have 3 kids at home... so I've decided to get us all out to exercise a few days a week. I don't need to be a die hard... but since I don't really exercise at all, I realized this was something I should do in moderation also... and my kids need it too.
- Scrapbooking! Every time I sit down at my computer to scrapbook my family and kids... I feel guilty because there is always "work" that could be done. Well no more... my scrapbooking needs to be done in moderation so I've decided to dedicate one afternoon a week to scrapbooking my kids and family.
- Healthy food. Along the same lines as the exercise... I want to try and cook more healthy meals during the week. We don't really eat terrible... I always have vegetables with dinner... but I want to pay close attention to the amount of butter, salt, oil, etc. All in moderation... :)
- Family time. It's crazy to think I need some family time when I am home all day with my kids... :) But I've realized that it's not really "quality" time. I need more quality time with my family. Whether it is playing a board game, going for our "run", or reading more books together... I definitely need to moderate my "quality time" with my kids and husband.
To help me with my scrapbooking, I created a new Everyday Life Digital Kit. I'm excited to start this project for in 2011. The goal is to take a photo a day and document. I tried to take a photo each day last year but couldn't remember each and every day to take the picture. This year, I'm not going to be so strict on a photo a day... I will just scrapbook our week, each week. And, this year, our Signature Scrapbooks Plugin is ready so putting the page together can be done in less than 5 minutes. :) I can't wait to share my weekly layouts with you and I hope you take a look at this awesome kit! (Available in the store New Years Day!)